Passport Photos in New York
United States Passport Photo Size and Requirements at the New York City
- Taken within the past six months
- Make sure the background is white or off-white
- It is essential that your facial expression is neutral or that you smile naturally, while your eyes are open.
- Make sure you are facing the camera straight on with your entire face visible.
- Taken in clothing normally worn on a daily basis
- Make sure the size is correct
- 2 x 2 inches (51 x 51 mm)
- Head must be between 1 -1 3/8 inches (25 - 35 mm) from the bottom of the chin to the top of the head
- Printed on matte or glossy photographic paper
- Printed in color
- Hands-free devices and headphones are not permitted in the photo.
- You cannot wear glasses.
- You must submit a signed note from your doctor if you cannot remove your glasses due to medical reasons.
- No hats or head coverings are allowed.
- If you wear a hat or head covering solely for religious purposes, please submit a signed statement clarifying that the hat or head covering in your picture is part of recognized, traditional religious attire that is frequently worn or required in public.
- Whenever you wear a hat or head covering for medical reasons, submit a signed doctor's statement stating that the hat or head covering in the picture is used every day for medical purposes.
- Hats and head coverings cannot obscure your hairline or cast shadows on your face and your entire face must be visible.
Other Passport / Visa Photo Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
Am I allowed to wear sunglasses, glasses, or tinted glasses in my passport photo?
No, you will need to take them off for your passport photo.
You must submit a signed note from your doctor if you cannot remove your glasses due to medical reasons.
Can I wear a hat or headcover in my photo?
You may wear a hat or head covering, but you must submit a signed statement clarifying that the hat or head covering is part of recognized, traditional religious attire that is frequently worn or required in public or a signed doctor's statement verifying the item is used daily for medical purposes.
Hats and head coverings cannot obscure your hairline or cast shadows on your face and your entire face must be visible.
How should I pose for my photo?
Face the camera with your head centered in the frame and not tilted, and display a neutral expression or a natural smile.
Can I smile in my passport photo?
Yes, However, the smile must be natural and unexaggerated.
Is a uniform allowed in my photo?
No,you are not allowed to wear a uniform, clothing that looks like a uniform, or camouflage attire.
Can I remove red-eye from my photo?
No, you can not digitally remove red eye. You will have to submit a new photo without red eye.
Do you have any tips on taking a photo of a baby or toddler?
When taking a photo of your baby or toddler, no other person should be in the photo.
Lay your baby on his or her back on flat surface(no need to worry about the background, our website will automatically remove the background). Make certain there are no shadows on your baby's face, especially if you take a picture from above. Taking a picture of your child in the car seat may also be helpful.
Take as many photos as you can in one shot with your camera in burst mode.
Is it acceptable for my child's eye to be closed in his or her photo?
It is acceptable for an infant's eyes to be partially or completely closed. All other children must have both their eyes open.
Should I take a new photo if my appearance has changed (grown a beard, dyed my hair)?
Only if your appearance has significantly changed from since your passport was issued. A new beard or colored hair would not constitute a significant change. You do not need to apply for a new passport if you can still be identified by your photo in your current passport.
You may have to apply for a new passport if you have:
- Undergone significant facial surgery or trauma
- Added or removed numerous/large facial piercings or tattoos
- Undergone a significant amount of weight loss or gain
- Made a gender transition
If the appearance of your child under the age of 16 has changed due to the natural aging process, you do not need to apply for a new passport for your child.
Example Photos for Children
Where To Get Passport Photos Near United States New York?
Making your passport photo in our website is the most efficient way. All you have to do is to take your photo with your mobile phone and upload to our website. Our website will remove background and generate a digital and a printable photo for you within seconds. It saves time and money!
Alternatively, You can get your photo taken at any of the following photo service shop.
1. A-passport & Visa Service
747 3rd Ave
Fl 2, Ste 245
New York, NY 10017
47th St & 46th St
2. LC Photo
63 E Broadway
New York, NY 10002
Catherine St & Market St
3. Deluxe Passport Express
57 Lee Ave
Brooklyn, NY 11211
Wilson St & Ross St
4. Sammy's Photo Lab
27 Essex St
New York, NY 10002
Hester St & Grand St
Lower East Side
5. Tamar International Passport And Visa Services
New York, NY 10004
Morris St & Exchange Aly
6.East Village Postal
151 1st Ave
New York, NY 10003
10th St & 9th St
How to print a passport photo in New York?
After you download the printable photo from our website, you may print it at home if you have the photo printing paper and a colour printer. The passport photo is for printing on 4R 4x6" photo paper. There are six US passport photos on the 4R photo download from our website. Just print the photo exactly onto 4x6" photo paper and cut the photos along the gray borders, you will get six correct size US passport photos (2x2").
If you don't have a color printer at home, you can order 4x6" print from the following online photo printing websites:
Photo Booth in New York
There are some photo booth in New York City, but it would be better that you keep in mind the guidelines for taking USA passport photo before you go. The following are some of the photo booths that you can take your passport photo:
2935 9th Ave (btwn W 13th & W 14th St), New York, NY
2.The Biergarten at The Standard
848 Washington St (btwn Little W 12th & W 13th St), New York, NY
666 5th Avenue (at W 53rd St), New York, NY
120 Hudson St (btwn Franklin & Moore St), New York, NY
5. The Smith
956 2nd Ave (at E 51st St), New York, NY
6. Warby Parker
121 Greene Street (btwn Houston & Prince St), New York, NY
CVS passport photos services in New York
After downloading your passport photo in our website, you may print it at CVS store. With the CVS app, you can order your passport photo online and pick it up at the store of your choice. You can also go to the store and print it there. Do keep in mind that the photo sheet downloaded from our website is for printing on 4R 4x6" photo paper. Choose the right size of paper to ensure that your passport photo size is correct.
CVS photo shops in New York Ctiy:
1.750 6th Ave, New York, NY 10010
2.1440 Broadway, New York, NY 10018
3.5 Pennsylvania Plaza, New York, NY 10001
4.500 W 42nd St, New York, NY 10036
5. 320 5th Ave, New York, NY 10001
6.1294 Lexington Ave, New York, NY 10128
7.630 Lexington Ave, New York, NY 10022
8. 129 Fulton St, New York, NY 10038
9. 51 Astor Pl, New York, NY 10003
10.2182 Broadway, New York, NY 10024
Passport photo services at Walgreens
Walgreens is another choice that you can print your photo. With the Walgreens app, you can order your passport photo online and pick it up at the store of your choice. You can also go to the store and print it there. Do keep in mind that the photo sheet downloaded from our website is for printing on 4R 4x6" photo paper. Choose the right size of paper to ensure that your passport photo size is correct.The cost of a passport photo at Walgreens is $16.99, but you can get it for $0.37 if you print it out as a photo template,which saves you up to 99.9%!
Walgreens photo shops in New York Ctiy:
1. 155 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
2. 625 8th Ave, New York, NY 10018
3.52 E 14th St, New York, NY 10003
4. 1627 Broadway, New York, NY 10019
5. 133-141 Dyckman St, New York, NY 10040
6. 37 Broadway, New York, NY 10006
7. 122 E 42nd St, New York, NY 10168
8. 1352 1st Ave., New York, NY 10021
9. 459 Broadway, New York, NY 10013
10. 866 3rd Ave, New York, NY 10022
Passport photos at Walmart
Printing your passport photo at Walmart is easy. Just upload the photo downloaded from our website and choose 4x6" photo paper ,then you can order your photo. You may collect it in one hour at your nearest store or have it delivered to your home.
Walmart photo shops in New York Ctiy:
1. 459 Broadway, New York, NY 10013
2. 1328 2nd Ave, New York, NY 10021
3. 133-141 Dyckman St, New York, NY 10040
4. 1352 1st Ave., New York, NY 10021
5. 155 E 34th St, New York, NY 10016
6. 530 5th Ave, New York, NY 10036
7. 455 W 37th St, New York, NY 10018
8. 460 8th Ave, New York, NY 10001
9. 52 E 14th St, New York, NY 10003
10. 401 East 86th St, New York, NY 10028
Rite Aid passport photo services
You can take your photo at Rite Aid Pharmacy, or you can take a passport photo downloaded from our site and then print it out at your nearest Rite Aid for just 19 cents.
Rite Aid photo shops in New York Ctiy:
1. 7 Madison St, New York, NY 10038
2. 1033 St Nicholas Ave, New York, NY 10032
3. 104 E 40th St, New York, NY 10017
4. 302 West St, New York, NY 10080
5. 741 Columbus Ave, New York, NY 10025
6. Brooklyn, NY 11236
7. Flushing, NY 11354
8. 81 1st Ave., New York, NY 10003
9. Bronx, NY 10459
10. 4918 Broadway, New York, NY 10034