Make Japan Passport / Visa Photo Online
Step 1: Take passport photo using smart phone or digital camera.
- Take the photo in front of a plain background such as white wall or screen.
- Make sure that there are no other objects in the background.
- Make sure there are no shadows on your face or on the background.
- Position the camera in the same height as the head.
- Shoulders should be visible, and there should be enough space around the head for cropping the photo.
Step 2: Upload the photo to make passport size photo.
Click here if you want to make passport / visa photos for other countries.
Passport Photo Size and Requirements
- Passport photo must be in the size of 45 x 35 mm with a white background.
- The height of the face from bottom of chin to the top of the head is 32 mm to 36 mm.
Other Passport / Visa Photo Rules, Guidelines, and Specifications
Applying For A Japanese Passport
Two passport photo in the specified size of 45 x 35 mm are requred for Japanese passport. The height of the face from bottom of chin to the top of the head is 32 mm to 36 mm. The distance between top of the head to the top of the frame is between 2 to 6 mm. The face of the applicant must be positioned almost in the middle of the passport photograph. The background of the photograph must be a white or off-white.
Applying for a Japanese visa
Japanese visa photo is in 45 x 35 mm size with a white background. The mouth of the applicant should be closed with neutral expressions on the face.
Applying for the Japanese Alien Registration
If you are applying for the Japanese alien registration, you need to get two identical passport photographs in 45 x 35 mm size.