|Passport picture size||Width: 36 mm, Height: 47 mm|
|Digital photo for online submission||Yes|
|Digital photo size||Width: 500 pixels , Height: 653 pixels|
|Photo Paper type||matte|
Finland passport requirements was changed after 21 August 2006. In the new requirements, a digital passport photo will be stored in the chip of biometric passports to be used for automatic face recognition. The passport photo must be compliant to the requirements:
1. Photo can be in color of monochrome;
2. Photo size must be 47mm high and 36mm wide. The distance of top of head without hair and chin should be 32-36mm. Child under 11 years old can have smaller head size, but should be at least 25mm.
3. Photo background should be plain. For child passport photo, there should be other objects or people in the photo.
4. The subject in the photo should look straight to the camera.
5. No shadows on the face and background. No red eye. Photo must not be overexposed or underexposed.
6. Neutral expression with mouth closed and both eyes open. Forehead should be visible.
7. Photo must be sharp and in focus and the photo must be printed on high-quality photograph paper.
There are three ways you can print your passport photos: